Prof. Dr. Gerd Bosbach is teaching statistics, maths and empiricism at the advanced technical college Koblenz.
His main research is statistic-misuse, job market statistic and population statistics, poverty in old age and economic aspects of health financing.
He received deep insights in the official statistics and its use by politics while working for the Statistischen Bundesamt.
In 2006 Gerd Bosbach was awarded with the Ehrenpreis des Büros gegen Altersdiskriminierung. 2011 his book „Lügen mit Zahlen – Wie wir mit Statistiken manipuliert werden“, which he wrote with Jens Jürgen Korff. One year later the book Armut im Alter – Probleme und Perspektiven der sozialen Sicherung“ was published.
- Demography and social fallback system
- Lies with numbers – How we are manipulated by statistics
- Demography and lies with numbers
- The demographic development – upside down
- The effects of the demographic development on the job market